Dim Sum is one of the most traditional and popular Cantonese style cooking emphasize on making delicious bite-sized dishes. The origin of its name is believed to come from a Chinese folk tale in which an ancient Chinese general decided to show his appreciation for his warriors by asking the chef to prepare some local snacks for those warriors. These snacks were considered a heartwarming token of appreciation, which is why the Chinese characters for Dim Sum mean “a little thing to show my appreciation” and “a touch of your heart”. Starting around the Tang Dynasty, it became popular for people to enjoy Dim Sum with tea in a tea house or Chinese opera theater. Today, it can be enjoyed in countless restaurants around the world.
Join us to learn how to make this Chinese delicacy, so you can re-create them and enjoy your fresh Dim Sum at home.
Chef Instructor: Winnie
- Shumai 燒賣
- Shrimp Toast 蝦多士
- Coconut Milk Pudding with Red Bean椰汁紅豆糕
- The price per person is $80, and the class length is usually 2-2.5 hours.
- We require at least 6 people to schedule a private cooking class.
- Please select the ticket number according to the headcount.
- We provide wine&beer package, BYOB is also welcome! Please click here to learn more.
- For any other questions, please contact us at (503) 660-3819 or email@example.com.
Dim Sum Rocks! II
All class or event payment are final, no refund in any form. Reservations are fully transferable and if you are unable to attend a class, someone else may attend in your place without notice.