Popular as street food and an everyday meal in China, bao buns (Baozi, 包子) are one of the food Chef Ranita really appreciates cooking. They aren't hard to create, but getting them correct can be very tricky and hectic for first-timers, particularly when it gets to creating a nice wrapper that rises properly, and has a smooth surface and a soft, fluffy texture. Urban Table would like to share you all the expertise used by Chef Ranita through trial and error, and make you walk away with bao buns' confidence.
Chef Instructor: Ranita (alumnus of FERRANDI Paris, former staff at 108/NOMA)
What you will be expecting:
- Say no to frozen bao buns! Freshly-made ones are the best!
- Great recipes of bao buns fillings
- Traditonal way of wrapping bao buns
- Delicious side dishes
- Talk, laugh and EAT!
- Steamed Bao Buns with Pork & Kimchi 猪肉辣白菜包子 (vegetarian/vegan option available)
- Shredded Bean Curd with Spicy Sauce 辣酱凉拌豆腐丝 (vegan)
Smashed Cucumber Salad 蓑衣黄瓜 (vegan)
- The price per person is $75, and the class length is usually 2-2.5 hours.
- We require at least 6 people to schedule a private cooking class.
- Please select the ticket number according to the headcount.
- We provide wine & beer package, BYOB is also welcome, please click here to learn more.
- For any other questions, please contact us at (503) 660-3819 or firstname.lastname@example.org.